Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, April 4, 2000
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street.
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Public Hearings.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
2. The Council will interview Kent K. Nelson prior to consideration of his reappointment to the Land Use Appeals Board. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
3. The Council will interview Niles T. Heiner prior to consideration of his appointment to the Capital Improvement Program Board. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
4. The Council will interview Harry L. Gibbons, M.D. prior to consideration of his appointment to the Public Utilities Advisory Committee. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the community housing plan. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding fire and police department issues: a) Salt Lake City training tower progress report; b) 800 MHz voice radio system update; c) Merging emergency dispatch systems in the valley; d) Formation of a fire alliance. (Estimated time: 30 minutes)
7. The Council will discuss Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) funding, and HOME funding budgets. (Estimated time: 15 minutes)
8. The Council will discuss budget priorities for Fiscal Year 2000/2001. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
9. The Council will receive a briefing regarding golf fees. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of March 21 and 23, 2000 minutes.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council (Comments are
taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other
City business. Comments are limited to two
Motion: Financial Audit Contract with
Consider adopting a motion authorizing the Council Chair to sign a three year contract with PricewaterhouseCoopers to conduct an annual financial audit of the City.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt
Ordinance: Set date: Budget Amendment No. 8 for Fiscal Year
Set date of April 18, 2000 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider amending Salt Lake City Ordinance No. 63 of 1999 which adopted the Final Budget of Salt Lake City, including the employment staffing document, for Fiscal Year 1999-2000.
Set date and refer to work session for briefing.
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Ordinance: Set date: Municipal Building Authority Budget
Amendment Number 3
Set date of April 18, 2000 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider amending Salt Lake City Resolution No. 45 of 1999 which adopted the Budget of the Municipal Building Authority of Salt Lake City for Fiscal Year 1999/2000 budget.
a) Recess as City Council and convene as the
Municipal Building Authority;
b) Set date and refer to Work Session for
c) Adjourn as Municipal Building Authority
and reconvene as City Council.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
Resolution: Funding Requests for Community Development Block Grant
(CDBG), Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG), HOME programs, Consolidated Plan and
Citizen Participation Plan
Accept public comment and consider adopting a resolution regarding the Mayor's proposed recommendations for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) funding, HOME funding, Consolidated Plan and Citizen Participation Plan.
Staff Recommendation: Close and refer to April 18, 2000 City
Council meeting for consideration.