Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:00 p.m., Room 326,
City & County Building, 451 So. State St.
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from
3:00 - 6:25 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will interview Kathleen Call prior to consideration of her appointment to the Housing Advisory and Appeals Board.
2. The Council will interview Brenda Roberts prior to consideration of her appointment to the Board of Appeals and Examiners.
3. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding a proposed amendment to the Downtown Master Plan and the Urban Design Element that would allow an exception for the City to consider approval of skywalks in specific view corridors under certain circumstances (City Creek Development, PRI) (Petition No. 400-06-37) (Item F3).
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an alley vacation request by Jonathan Hodge to vacate the western 50 feet of an east/west alley located between the 1400 block of Roosevelt and Emerson Avenue (Petition No. 400-06-25).
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the adjustment of interest rates for construction mitigation loans and for local businesses that have been dislocated due to redevelopment.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Fire Prevention Fee ordinance.
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the One-Year Action Plan for 33rd year Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funding, Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) funding, Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) funding, and American Dream Down Payment Initiative (ADDI) funding (Fiscal Year 2007-08) and approving an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
8. (Tentative) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 (1)(b).
9. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Member Van Turner will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of April.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of March 20, 2007.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Protest Hearing: Sidewalk Replacements, Special Improvement District 2005/2006, 2006/2007 FY, (Boundaries: 1300 South (south side only) to 1700 South (north side only) from 700 East (east side only) to 1100 East (both sides); both sides of 900 East and 1100 East from 1700 South to 2100 South) Job No. 102136
Accept public comment and hear public protests regarding the construction of improvements within the City consisting of the removal and reconstruction of deteriorated concrete sidewalks and all other miscellaneous work necessary to complete the improvements in a proper workmanlike manner; to create the Salt Lake City, sidewalk replacement SID 2005/2006, 2006/2007 FY, Job No. 102136 (The “District”); to pay the acquisition and installation costs and expenses by special assessments to be levied against the property benefited by such improvements; to provide Notice of Intention to authorize such improvements and to fix a time and place for protests against such improvements, assessments or the creation of the District; to declare its official intent to reimburse itself for expenditures paid by it prior to the sale of bonds; and to authorize advertisement of construction bids and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Close and refer to
Engineering for tabulation.
2. Ordinance: Amend the zoning map
and designate property located at 175 South Main Street as a City Landmark Site
(Walker Bank Building)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the zoning map pursuant to Section 21A.34.020.C of the Salt Lake City Code and place the Walker Bank Building, located at 175 South Main Street, on the Salt Lake City Register of Cultural Resources as a Landmark Site (Petition 400-06-20).
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
3. Ordinance: Downtown Master Plan and Urban Design Element Amendment
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance to amend the Downtown Master Plan and the Urban Design Element (Petition No. 400-06-37) (City Creek Development PRI) (Continuation from the March 20, 2007 Public Hearing).
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Amend the optional redemption provision on Resolution No. 18 of 2007 Special Assessment Bonds, Series 2007, 2004 Sidewalk Replacement Special Improvement District 102112 and Quayle Avenue Reconstruction Special Improvement District 102113
Consider amending Resolution No. 18 of 2007 dated March 13, 2007, to correct the optional redemption provision regarding the $392,000 Salt Lake City, Special Assessment Bonds, Series 2007 (2004 sidewalk replacement and Quayle Avenue Reconstruction Special Improvement District) (The “Series 2007 Bonds”); and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
2. Board Appointment: Jessica Norie, Historic Landmark Commission
Consider approving the appointment of Jessica Norie, to
the Historic Landmark Commission for a term extending through July 14, 2009.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.
3. Ordinance: Confirm date: Vacate alley
generally located at 1420 East Roosevelt Avenue and 1419 East Emerson
Confirm the date of April 17, 2007, at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance vacating the alley generally located at 1420 East Roosevelt Avenue and 1419 East Emerson Avenue (Petition No. 400-06-25 Jonathan Hodge).
Staff Recommendation: Confirm date.
4. Ordinances: Set date: Amend sections of the Zoning Ordinance related to landscaping requirements for front/corner side yards in Residential Zoning Districts and landscaping bonding requirements for multi-family and commercial developments
Set the date of April 17, 2007, 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Section 21A.48.030B.9.b Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to content of landscape plan, Section 21A.48.050B.8, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to design guidelines, Table 21A.48.070G, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to required perimeter parking lot landscape improvements, Section 21.A.48.080D, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to improvement of landscape buffers, Sections 21A.48.090. Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to landscape yards, Section 21A.48.100, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to special landscape regulations and Section 21A.24.010, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to general provisions for Residential Zoning Districts (Petition No. 400-06-22).
Staff Recommendation: Set date.
5. Ordinance: Set date: Amend Zoning Ordinance related to slope and setback restrictions in the Foothill Residential Zoning Districts, slope, setback and fencing restrictions in the Open Space Zoning District and definition of a legal non-complying lots
Set the date of April 17, 2007, 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Section 21A.24.020(G), Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to slope restrictions in the FR-1/43,560 Foothills Estate Residential District, Section 21A.24.030(G), Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to slope restrictions in the FR-2/21,780 Foothills Residential District, Section 21A.24.040(G), Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to slope restrictions in the FR-3/12,000 Foothills Residential District, Section 21A.32.040(H), Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to slope restrictions in the Foothills Protection District, Section 21A.32.100(H), Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to slope restrictions in the OS Open Space District, Section 21A.32.100(I), Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to fence restrictions in the OS Open Space District, and Section 21A.38.100, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to non-complying lots (Petition No. 400-06-13).
Staff Recommendation: Set date.