Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, April 20, 2004
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 126 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will interview Paul Heath prior to consideration of his appointment to the Arts Council.
3. The Council will interview Keith Bartholomew prior to consideration of his appointment to the Utah Transit Authority.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Fire Department’s Summary of Services.
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor’s Office Summary of Services.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance relating to special events and sidewalk entertainers and artists.
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding development and building permit fee refunds.
8. (Tentative) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4 and 52-4-5 (1)(a)(ii).
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will consider adopting a resolution with the Mayor recognizing the 150th Anniversary of Sugar House.
3. The Council will consider adopting a resolution with the Mayor declaring support for becoming a Quality Growth Community.
4. Youth City Government will present the Youth State of the City report.
5. The Council will adopt the minutes of April 8, 2004.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Motion: Water Conservation Plan
Accept public comment and consider adopting the Water Conservation Master Plan 2004. (To be filed with the Utah Division of Water Resources.)
Staff Recommendation: Close and adopt.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Board Appointment: Joan Fairbanks Reynolds, Arts Council
Consider approving the appointment of Joan Fairbanks Reynolds to the Arts Council for a term extending through July 1, 2006.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.
2. Ordinance: Set Date – Petition No. 400-03-18, amend the Northwest Community Master Plan
Set the date of May 11, 2004 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the Northwest Community Master Plan for the northeast area of 700 North and Redwood Road.
Staff Recommendation: Set Date.
3. Ordinance: Set Date – Petition No. 400-03-04, amend the Salt Lake City Zoning Code to allow for caretaker/security guard residences in manufacturing zoning districts
Set the date of May 11, 2004 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the Salt Lake City Zoning Ordinance, Section 21A.28.040 (Table of permitted and Conditional Uses for Manufacturing Districts) to reduce the minimum lot size required for an on-site caretaker or security guard residence from 4 acres to 2 acres in an M-1 zoning district. (A request by Mr. James Moyle)
Staff Recommendation: Set Date.