Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, April 20, 1999
5:00 p.m., some Council Members
may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room
is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
5:30-5:55 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
2. The Council will interview Margaretta L. Woolley prior to consideration of her reappointment to the Board of Appeals and Examiners. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
3. The Council will interview Karen W. Nichols prior to consideration of her appointment to the Salt Lake Art Design Board. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
4. The Council will interview Edward E. Radford prior to consideration of his appointment to the Board of Adjustment. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
5. The Council will interview Mary M. Talboys prior to consideration of her appointment to the Recreation Advisory Board. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
(The following items as well as items from the above list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the public hearings.)
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition No. 400-98-58, a request by Stacy J. Nielsen, to close an alley located between Redwood Road and Utah Street, from California Avenue to the surplus canal. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition No. 400-98-66, a request by Eric Hinderaker, to vacate a portion of an alley located between Logan Avenue (S1620 South) and 1700 South, from 1000 East to 1100 East. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
8. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a proposed ordinance prohibiting cruising. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
9. The Council will receive a briefing from the
Administration relating to the events that took place at Liberty Park on Sunday
afternoon, April 18, 1999.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approval of April 13, 1999 minutes.
3. Consider adopting a joint resolution with the Mayor honoring the Christmas in AprilHGreater Salt Lake volunteers.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Citizen comments to the City Council (on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business).
Interlocal Cooperation Agreement (Historic Resource
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and the State of Utah for Salt Lake City to receive funding from the State of Utah, Division of State History in the amount of $11,000 to be used for an Historic Resource Survey of properties which may be eligible for the Historic National Register.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
Interlocal Cooperation Agreement (Federal Emergency Management
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and the Federal Emergency Management Agency to receive funding from the State of Utah, Division of State History in the amount of $300,000 to be used to establish partnerships in creating disaster resistant communities.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
Petition No. 400-99-11
Consider adopting a resolution accepting an annexation petition for approximately 2.43 acres of land located at approximately 1938 South Lakeline Drive, pursuant to Petition No. 400-99-11, for purposes of City Council review.
Staff Recommendation: Consider accepting annexation petition and refer
to Planning Division.
Appointment: Pamela L. Rizzo-Pea, Civilian Review Board
Consider approving the appointment of Pamela L.Rizzo-Pea to the Civilian Review Board for a term extending through June 7, 1999.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.
(1999 Watershed Master Plan)
Consider a motion postponing the May 4, 1999 public hearing to accept public comment on the Salt Lake City Watershed Management Plan.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt motion.
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Resolution: 25th Year Community Development
Block Grant Program
Consider adopting appropriation resolution adopting 25th Year Community Development
Block Grant funding, Home Investment Partnerships Program funding, and Emergency
Shelter Grant funding (1999-2000) and approving Interlocal Cooperation Agreement
between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
Ordinance: Petition No. 400-98-74 (Salt Lake City
Transportation Division/Request to Close a Portion of 600 South, West of the 600
West Intersection, through the Union Pacific Railroad Yard)
Consider adopting an ordinance closing a portion of 600 South located between 600 and 700 West, pursuant to Petition No. 400-98-74.
Staff Recommendation: Refer to May 4, 1999.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
Petition No. 400-98-31 (Ben Logue/Request to Vacate a Portion of
the Alley located between Sherman Avenue (1330 South) and Harrison Avenue (1370
South) from 800 East to 900 East)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance vacating an alley located between Sherman and Harrison Avenues and between 800 East and 900 East, pursuant to Petition No. 400-98-31.
Staff Recommendation: Close and adopt.
Ordinance: (Salt Lake City Municipal
Building Authority Budget Amendment #1)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance to amend the fiscal year 1998-99 budget.
Staff Recommendation: Recess as City Council; convene as the
Municipal Building Authority, open hearing,
accept public comment, close hearing, consider
ordinance, adjourn as Municipal
Building Authority; reconvene as City Council.