Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 126 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will interview Maged Senbel and Reverend John Norman prior to consideration of their appointment to the Open Space Lands Advisory Board (New Board).
2. The Council will interview Sue Stahle prior to consideration of her appointment to the Business Advisory Board.
3. The Council will interview Patti Esham and Daniel Glenn May prior to consideration of their appointment to the Police Civilian Review Board.
4. The Council will interview David Richardson prior to consideration of his appointment to the Board of Appeals and Examiners.
5. The Council will receive a presentation from Palmer DePaulis, Chair, Salt Lake County Long Range Planning Committee, regarding “The Ten Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness in Salt Lake County.”
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the rezoning of 238 and 250 W 600 North from “RMF-35”, Residential Multi-Family, to “SR-1”, Special Development Pattern Residential, and amending the Future Land Use Map of the Capitol Hill Master Plan. (Petition No. 400-02-42)
The Council will receive a briefing regarding a request to amend the Temporary
Use Section of the Zoning Ordinance regarding review of permits for movie
and film locations.
(Petition No. 400-04-18)
The Council will receive a briefing regarding the street and alley closures
associated with the Lowe’s Home Improvement Warehouse development on 300 West
and 1300 South.
(Petition No. 400-04-49)
9. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor’s recommended budget for the Department of Airports for fiscal year 2005-2006.
10. The Council will receive a follow up briefing regarding CDBG, ESG, HOME, HOPWA, and ADDI.
(Tentative) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session for the purpose of strategy sessions to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4, 52-4-5(1)(a)(iii) and 52-4-5(1)(a)(iv), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
12. (Tentative) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4 and 52-4-5 (1)(a)(ii).
13. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution – Interlocal Cooperation Agreement regarding the expansion of the Salt Palace Convention Center Funding
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing Ross C. Anderson, Mayor of Salt Lake City to sign an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with Salt Lake County regarding Salt Palace Convention Center Funding.
(R 05-5)(C 05-370)
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.