Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, April 13, 1999
5:00 p.m., some Council Members
may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room
is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
5:30-5:55 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
2. The Council will interview Pamela L. Rizzo-Pea prior to consideration of her appointment to the Civilian Review Board. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding fiscal year 1998-99 Budget Amendment #5. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Municipal Building Authority fiscal year 1998-99 Budget Amendment #1. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a proposed Salt Lake City Weed and Clearing of Property ordinance revision. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
(The following items as well as items from the above list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the public hearings.)
6. The Council will hold a discussion regarding a review of the Airport's proposed budget. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
7. The Council will hold a discussion relating to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG), and HOME programs, and conduct straw polling of priorities, if needed. (Continuation of April 8, 1999 briefing -- Estimated time: 30 minutes)
8. The Council will hold a discussion regarding City infrastructure investments in the Gateway District. (Estimated time: 20 minutes)
The Council will receive a briefing regarding a proposed resolution approving
the Gateway District Special Impact Overall Economic Development Program.
(Estimated time: 20 minutes)
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Introduction of the Youth City Government.
2. Pledge of Allegiance by Youth City Government.
3. Youth City Government will present the Youth State of the City report.
4. Approval of April 6, 1999
5. Consider adopting a joint resolution with the Mayor, sponsored by Council Members Keith Christensen and Roger Thompson, supporting the May 4,1999 Salt Lake City School District Bond Election.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Citizen comments to the City Council (on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business).
3. Washington Elementary School students' comments
to the City Council regarding a "child-friendly" city.
Reappointment: Amie McNeel, Salt Lake Art Design Board
Consider approving the reappointment of Amie McNeel to the Salt Lake Art Design Board for a term extending through March 8, 2002.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.
Resolution: (1999 Watershed Master Plan)
Set date of May 4, 1999 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting a resolution of the Salt Lake City Council, acknowledging receipt of the February 1999, Salt Lake City Watershed Management Plan, and adopting the policy recommendations contained therein.
Staff Recommendation: Set date and refer to Work Session for briefing.
Reset Date - Petition No. 400-97-70 (Zoning Ordinance Fine
Reset date from April 20, 1999 to May 4, 1999 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the Salt Lake City Zoning Code, pursuant to Petition No. 400-97-70.
Staff Recommendation: Reset date.
Interlocal Cooperation Agreement (To Implement a
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and Park City Fire District for the purpose of implementing a Paramedic-Ride-Along Program to provide the District with on-going paramedic clinical experience.
Interlocal Cooperation Agreement (To Monitor the Irrigation Water
Quality of the Jordan River)
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and Utah State University Foundation to approve Amendment No. 12 to an agreement dated March 10, 1987, amending the term of the agreement and adding to the fees for services. (The Utah State University Foundation will continue a comprehensive program of monitoring the irrigation water quality of the Jordan River during the period of April 1999 through December 1999.)
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Ordinance: Petition No. 400-98-74 (Salt Lake City
Transportation Division/Request to Close a Portion of 600 South, West of the 600
West Intersection, through the Union Pacific Railroad Yard)
Consider adopting an ordinance closing a portion of 600 South located between 600 and 700 West, pursuant to Petition No. 400-98-74.
Staff Recommendation: Consider Administration's information, or
refer to April 20, 1999.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
Petition No. 400-98-78 (Kelly Lamoreaux and Shawn Eva/Request to List
the George M. and Marian Morris Cannon House at 720 E. Ashton Avenue on the Salt
Lake City Register of Cultural Resources)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance adding the property at 720 East Ashton Avenue as a landmark site to the City's Register of Cultural Resources, pursuant to Section 21A.34.020 C1 of the Salt Lake City Code.
Staff Recommendation: Close and adopt.
Ordinance: Petition No. 400-98-79 (The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints/Request to Close Main Street between North Temple
and South Temple to Facilitate the Construction of a Landscaped Plaza)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance closing a portion of Main Street between North Temple and South Temple Streets, pursuant to Petition No. 400-98-79.
Staff Recommendation: Close and adopt.