Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:15 p.m. or
immediately following the 3:00 p.m. Redevelopment Agency Meeting;
Approximately 3:15 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 So. State St.
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from
3:15 - 6:25 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will interview Jennifer Mayer-Glenn and Barbara Lovejoy prior to consideration of their appointment to the Human Rights Commission.
2. The Council will interview Rebecca Guevara and Lynn Hoffman-Brouse prior to consideration of their appointment to the Arts Council.
3. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding a proposed amendment to the Downtown Master Plan and the Urban Design Element that would allow an exception for the City to consider approval of skywalks in specific view corridors under certain circumstances (City Creek Development, PRI) (Petition No. 400-06-37).
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Judicial & Court Staff Workload Assessment for the Salt Lake City Justice Court.
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the One-Year Action Plan for 33rd year Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funding, Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) funding, Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) funding, and American Dream Down Payment Initiative (ADDI) funding (Fiscal Year 2007-08) and approving an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
6. (Tentative) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 (1)(b).
7. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Member Van Turner will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of April.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of April 3, 2007.
3. The Council will consider adopting a joint resolution with Mayor Ross C. "Rocky" Anderson relating to "This is the Place Heritage State Park".
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance: Vacate alley generally located at 740 South Goshen Street between Goshen Street and 1075 West
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance
vacating an alley generally located
at 740 South Goshen Street between Goshen Street and 1075 West (Petition No. 400-06-05,
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance: Amend Fire Prevention
Consider adopting an ordinance to amending Section 2.12.040, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to Business Permits.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
1. Board Appointment: Brenda
Roberts, Board of Appeals and Examiners
Consider approving the appointment of Brenda Roberts, to the Board of Appeals and Examiners for a term extending through March 1, 2012.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.
2. Board Appointment: Kathleen Call, Housing Advisory and Appeals Board
Consider approving the appointment of Kathleen Call, to
the Advisory and Appeals Board for a term extending through December 31, 2009.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.