Salt Lake City Council
Hawthorne Elementary School
1675 South 600 East
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursday, September 7, 2006
5:00 – 6:00 p.m., some Council Members may tour areas in District 5. (Itinerary attached)
6:00 – 7:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in the Teacher’s Lounge.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Flag Ceremony and Pledge of Allegiance – Boy Scout, Troup 3182, Scoutmasters, Robin Green and Jill Love.
B. WORK SESSION: 7:00 p.m., Multi-purpose Room.
1. The Council will devote a maximum of 30 minutes to comments from the residents of District Five in the order in which the cards are collected. (Comments are taken on any item as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes each.)
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance to rezone property located at 713 East Harrison Avenue from Residential Single Family (R-1/5000) to Moderate Density Multi-Family Residential (RMF-35) zoning and amend the Central Community Master Plan Future Land Use Map. (Petition No. 400-05-24, Robert Strasters, Harrison Apartments, LLC)
The Council will receive a briefing relating to Legislative Action Items by
Council Members Jill Love and Nancy Saxton relating to expansion of alternative
parking solutions and expansion of "off-site" and "shared" parking
possibilities. The draft ordinance also addresses the definition of
"restaurant" and the associated parking requirements for retail goods
establishments, retail service establishments and restaurants.
(Petition No. 400-02-22 Council Members Jill Love and Nancy Saxton)
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance on the LEEDS ‘high performance building’. (Petition No. 400-05-38)
District 5 Tour Locations
1. Start at 1675 South 600 East
2. First Encampment Park on the south west corner of 1700 S and 500 E.
3. Wilford Woodruff homes at approximately 1650 South 500 East.
4. Boulevard Gardens – a sidewalk street at approximately 1800 South extends east from West Temple
5. View existing big-box retailers on 300 West and development
6. Future site of Wine Store – 1520 South 300 West.
7. Jefferson School Apartments Phase I and II
8. Small businesses along State Street.
9. At the corner of 1300 South and 300 East – south east corner – potential site for a neighborhood park.
10. 318 E. 1300 South
11. Liberty Wells Street Lights - - Dark Streets
12. Off the bus to see the renovation of the Chase Mill building and other projects in Liberty Park
13. 9th & 9th Project
14. Tour of Gilmer Park – possible future historic preservation district.
15. View McClelland Trail running both north and south
16. See Herman Franks Park and Baseball fields
17. Harrison Avenue development at the corner of 700 E and Harrison