SALT LAKE CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION MEETING
DATE: September 16, 2008
TIME: 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. *Please note: No formal meeting will be held.
PLACE: City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 326
Salt Lake City, Utah
1. The Council will hold a discussion on annexation in general, as well as policy direction.
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance amending the text of Section 21A.46.070 of the Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to temporary signs, and enacting Section 21A.46.180 of the Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to construction impact mitigation signs pursuant to Petition 400-08-16.
3. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session to discuss two matters regarding pending or reasonably imminent litigation, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 52-4-205 (1)(c) and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
4. The Council will hold a follow-up discussion to review the tentative budget for capital projects for Fiscal Year 2009. As time allows, the Council may also have a discussion regarding the City’s adopted 10 Year Capital Improvement Projects Plan.
5. TENTATIVE The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session for the purpose of strategy to discuss matters on the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code Ann.§ 52-4-204, § 52-4-205(1)(c)(d), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
6. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.