Salt Lake City Council
The Mill at the Tracy Aviary
Enter Liberty Park at 600 East 900 South; follow the
Curve beyond the Tennis Courts; turn East into the Aviary Parking Lot
589 East 1300 South
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursday, September 13, 2007
5:00 p.m. Tour
7:00 p.m. Work Session
5:00 – 6:00 p.m., some Council Members may tour areas in District 5.
A. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Flag Ceremony and Pledge of Allegiance by Girl Scout Troop 992; Troop Leader Joyce Ellis.
B. WORK SESSION: 7:00 p.m.,
1. The Council will receive a presentation from Mark Fenton, walk-ability expert, with regards to walk-able neighborhoods in Salt Lake City.
3. The Council will devote a maximum of 30 minutes to comments from District Five residents, property owners, and business owners. (Comments are taken on any agenda item as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes each.)
4. The Council will receive an update from the City Planning Division regarding the Historic Surveys. (i.e., - Gilmer Park and Liberty Wells)
5. The Council will receive an update from Public Services regarding Liberty Park improvements.
6. The Council will receive a presentation regarding the health and condition of trees in City parks and parking strips.
7. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session for the purpose of strategy to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms pursuant to Utah Code Ann.§ 52-4-204, 52-4-205(1)(d), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
8. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.