Salt Lake City Council
1135 South 2100 East
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursday, October 5, 2006
5:00 – 6:15 p.m., some Council Members may tour areas in District 6.
6:15 – 7:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together at “A Gallery” 1321 South 2100 East. (The Gallery is open to the public.)
A. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Flag Ceremony and Pledge of Allegiance – Girl Scout Troop 324 and Troop 992.
B. WORK SESSION: 7:00 p.m., Downstairs Meeting Room.
1. The Council will devote a maximum of 30 minutes to comments from the residents of District Six in the order in which the cards are collected. (Comments are taken on any agenda item as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes each.)
2. The Council will interview Michael P. Terry prior to consideration of his appointment to the Civil Service Commission.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the use by the City of public resources in connection with a pilot project designed to heat and cool a private office facility using heat pump equipment connected to the City’s sewage disposal system.
4. The Council will receive an update regarding federal funding for ground water issues in the vicinity of 700 South and 1600 East.
5. The Council will receive an update on Airport light rail issues.
6. The Council will discuss the Transportation and Planning issues surrounding the Foothill Drive area.
7. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.