Council Districts Four, Five, Six, and Seven Open
House Regarding the 1300 East Road Safety Audit
DATE: October 30, 2008
TIME: 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
PLACE: Uintah Elementary
1571 East 1300 South
Salt Lake City, Utah
1. Welcome Comments from Council Members
2. Presentation provided by the Salt Lake City Transportation Division
3. Questions and answer opportunity
4. Next Steps Outline from Council Members
5. Break out discussions regarding the specific area recommendations in accordance to the 1300 East Road Safety Audit results and recommendations
Salt Lake City Council Members Luke Garrott, Jill Remington Love, JT Martin, and Søren Simonsen are hosting the Open House.
1300 East was recently transferred from the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) to Salt Lake City ownership. This transfer allows Salt Lake City to address safety concerns raised by Salt Lake City residents and businesses for many years. The Salt Lake City Transportation Division recently teamed with the Utah Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) at Utah State University to address 1300 East safety improvements. The purpose of the open house with the community is to discuss the recommendations of the audit and receive public input.