SALT LAKE CITY COUNCIL
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
324 SOUTH STATE STREET
November 5, 1987
1) Richard Scott, Bond Counsel, and Lance Bateman, Finance Director, will brief the Council on the Water Facilities Bond escrow restructuring.
2) Lance Bateman, Finance Director, will brief the Council on the proposed issuance of Certificates of Participation for the purchase of a Public Safety building, mechanized garbage equipment and street lighting systems, including the establishment of the Municipal Building Authority and the award of the Underwriter’s contract.
3) Mike Zuhl, Chief of Staff, and representatives of the Department of Finance will brief the Council on proposed amendments to the Fiscal Year 1987-88 Salt Lake City operating budgets.
4) Representatives of the Boys and Girls Club, Police Athletic League, the Salt Lake City Arts Council, and El Centro Civico Mexicano will brief the City Council on previous Community Development Block Grant allocations.
5) The City Council will interview Elizabeth Haslam and Maj-Greth H. Holmberg prior to their appointment to the Housing Advisory and Appeals Board, Ronald H. Weber prior to his appointment to the Board of Appeals and Examiners, and Cindy Cromer prior to her appointment to the Planning Commission.
6) Tim Harpst, City Transportation Engineer, will brief the Council on the proposed waiver of Parking Meter fees on the four Saturdays before and the one immediately following Christmas.