SALT LAKE CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION MEETING
p.m., Some Council Members may dine together in Room 345 at the
City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
DATE: November 10, 2005
TIME: 6:30 p.m. (Please note this meeting will begin immediately after the
Redevelopment Agency Meeting which will begin at 5:30 pm)
PLACE: City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 326
Salt Lake City, Utah
1. The Council will interview Robert Earl Forbis, Jr. prior to his consideration to the Planning Commission.
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Management Facility Calendar Year 2006 budget, as well as a third quarter update and statistical summary relating to major goals and programs for 2005.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding cable franchise with Qwest Broadband Services.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance to rezone properties located at approximately 405 West 2300 North on the high Lake Bonneville Bench area east of Beck Street from Open Space to Natural Open Space. (Petition No. 400-05-20)
5. The Council will receive a follow-up discussion regarding components of the proposed Housing Policy.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding possible sites for constructing a new fleet facility.
7. (Tentative) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session for the purpose of strategy sessions to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4, 52-4-5(1)(a)(iii) and 52-4-5(1)(a)(iv), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
8. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.