Salt Lake City Council
Backman Elementary School
1500 West 601 North
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursday, March 9, 2006
5:00 – 6:00 p.m., some Council Members may tour areas in District 1. (Attached itinerary and map)
6:00 – 7:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in the music room (126) at
Backman Elementary. (The room is open to the public.)
A. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Presentation to Backman Elementary by the Gustave H. Backman Family.
B. WORK SESSION: 7:00 p.m., auditorium of Backman Elementary.
1. The Council will devote a maximum of 30 minutes to comments from the residents of District One in the order in which the cards are collected. (Comments are taken on any item as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes each.)
2. The Council will receive a presentation from Palmer DePaulis and Kerry Steadman concerning Salt Lake County Council of Governments’ implementation of the Salt Lake County’s Ten Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Street Lighting Program issues/recommendations and funding appropriation recommendations.
4. The Council will receive a briefing on the proposed amendments to Chapter 8, Animal Control ordinance (including but not limited to proposals for: cat licensing, licensing of ferrets (limit 2), license and other fee changes, feral cat colony registration permit, commercial and pet rescue permit amendments, increased violation fee of a pet “at large,” and housekeeping items).
Tour of District 1
1. Start at Backman Elementary School Parking Lot and go East on 600 North to 1200 West. Turn left or North on 1200 West and go to 1000 North.
2. Proposed Location of a new traffic signal on 1000 N and 1200 W. Continue north on 1200 West to the site of Rosewood Park
3. At Rosewood Park discuss the challenges of the Superfund Clean up site, Need to relocate soccer fields and condition of existing facilities. Continue on the sewer treatment plant service road to Redwood road and turn left or south on Redwood Road.
4. Northwest Middle School. Show the traffic challenges of this intersection at 1700 North with the new school and turn right on 1700 North to Rose Park Lane. Point out challenges with Rose Park Lane and continue on to proposed site of Sports Complex.
5. Sports Complex – discuss terrain and issues with this potential site. Hopefully Rick Graham or someone could attend on both it and Rosewood Park. Get on I-215 at 2200 North and go Southbound to 700 North Exit.
6. At 700 North, point out condition of the road, and sidewalks adjoining the road and turn right or southbound on Morton Drive.
7. Show potential site of Pocket Park at 400 North and Morton Drive and then go east on 400 North to Redwood Road and turn right or south on Redwood Road.
8. Show site of proposed commercial retail development at North Temple and Redwood Road.
9. Turn off Redwood Road or left onto North Temple. Point out issues along North Temple until you get to 1000 West or the Fairpark and then left again on 300 North to Multipurpose Center.
10. Leave Multipurpose Center and go east, turning left or North on 1200 West and go North again. At 600 North, turn left and head West to Sourth Parking Lot of Riverside Park (across from Backman Elementary School) and show a possible site for new Multipurpose Center.
Return to Backman Elementary School