Salt Lake City Council
Nibley Park Elementary
2785 South 800 East
Salt Lake City Utah
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
5:00 – 6:00 p.m., some Council Members may tour areas in District 7.
A. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Flag Ceremony and Pledge of Allegiance.
B. WORK SESSION: 7:00 p.m.,
1. The Council will devote a maximum of 30 minutes to comments from District Seven residents, property owners, and business owners. (Comments are taken on any agenda item as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes each.)
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding environmental impacts and air quality study research conducted by Dr. C. Arden Pope, III, Ph.D., Economics Professor at Brigham Young University.
3. The Council will receive an update from D.J. Baxter and G.J. LaBonty regarding East and West Sugar House transit study.
4. The Council will receive an update regarding the Parley’s Trail from a representative of Parley’s Rails, Trails, and Tunnels Coalition (PRATT).
5. The Council will receive an update regarding the current historic surveys, including Sugar House Business District.
6. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session for the purpose of strategy to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms pursuant to Utah Code Ann.§ 52-4-204, 52-4-205(1)(d), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
7. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.