SALT LAKE CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION MEETING
5:00 p.m., Some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
DATE: March 16, 2006
TIME: 5:30 p.m.
PLACE: City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 326
Salt Lake City, Utah
1. The Council will receive a presentation on the 2006 Economic Report to the Governor from Robert Spendlove, Demographic & Economic Analysis Manager, Governors Office of Planning and Budget.
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor’s recommended budget for the Airport for fiscal year 2005-2006.
3. (Tentative) The Council will hold a follow-up discussion on the request from Gigante Supermarket and Neighborhood Lifestyle Retail Center for a loan and a sales tax rebate.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the One-year action plan for proposed Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG), American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI), Housing Opportunities for People With AIDS (HOPWA), and Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME) funding. and Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
5. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session for the purpose of strategy sessions to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4, 52-4-5(1)(a)(iv), and 52-4-5(1)(a)(iv) and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
6. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.