SALT LAKE CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION MEETING
5:00 p.m., Some Council Members may dine together in Room 343 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
DATE: February 5, 2004
TIME: 5:30 p.m.
PLACE: City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 326
Salt Lake City, Utah
*Please Note: This fact-finding meeting will be televised on the City’s cable-TV channel.
I. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
II. (Tentative) The Council will receive an update regarding issues at the 2004 Legislative Session.
III. The Council will hold an extended meeting for invited guests to provide their input on issues pertaining to a proposal by the Utah Telecommunication Open Infrastructure Agency (UTOPIA) to build a fiber optic network for use by private companies to provide retail services to homeowners and businesses.
The tentative schedule is:
• Dr. Wendell Gibby, MD – neural radiologist (user of similar fiber optic network)
• Jerry Fenn, QWest – Utah President, public policy
• Roger Black, UTOPIA – chief operating officer
• Mike Jarman, Utah Taxpayers Association – vice president
• Pete Ashdown, XMission – president and founder
• Steve Propoer, Comcast – government relations
• Kelly Murdock, Wells Fargo Public Finance (Salt Lake City’s financial advisor)