DISTRICT FIVE TOWN MEETING
DATE: Tuesday February 27, 1996
TIME: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
PLACE: Emerson Elementary School
1017 East Harrison Avenue
1. Flag Ceremony/Pledge of Allegiance: Girl Scout Troop #1001; Vicki Scott, Troop Leader; Kim Adams, Assistant Troop Leader.
2. Welcome and Introductions: Councilmember Tom Godfrey and Mayor Deedee Corradini
3. Crime Statistics and Prevention: Ruben Ortega, Chief of Police; Barry Esham, Crime Prevention Specialist; and Officer Jody Whitaker
4. Ice Sheet/Recreation Center at Steiner Aquatic Center: Rick Graham, Public Services Department Deputy Director
5. Liberty Park: Rick Graham, Public Services Department Deputy Director; and Jeff Niermeyer, Public Utilities Department Drainage Engineer
6. Futures Commission: Ted Wilson, Director Hinckley Institute of Politics
7. Open Space Land Trust: Renee Tanner, Mayors Environmental & Intergovernmental Affairs Administrative Assistant
8. Questions and Comments from the Audience
SALT LAKE CITY COUNCIL
DATE: February 27, 1996
PLACE: State Capitol Building
I. Some Councilmembers will attend a meeting with Governor Leavitt to discuss legislative action affecting Olympic matters. The meeting is called because of unforeseen circumstances to consider matters of an urgent nature.