SALT LAKE CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION MEETING
DATE: April 22, 2008
TIME: 2:00 p.m.
PLACE: City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 326
Salt Lake City, Utah
1. The Council will receive a briefing from the Downtown Alliance’s consultant regarding the Public Market.
2. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding an interlocal agreement with the Utah Transit Authority to construct a TRAX light rail line to the Salt Lake City International Airport, including the public benefit study.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor’s recommended budget relating to Public Utilities, including water, storm water and sewer, for Fiscal Year 2008-2009.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor’s recommended budget for the Airport for Fiscal Year 2008-2009.
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a petition submitted by CLC Associates, to close and abandon a portion of a public alley located immediately north and adjacent to 338, 340, 344, 352, and 356 West Paxton Avenue (approximately 1170 South), and to be sold to the adjacent property owner (Petition No. 400-07-25).
6. The Council will receive a briefing from the Naming Opportunities Ad Hoc subcommittee on a potential city-wide policy regarding Naming Opportunities.
7. (Tentative) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session, in keeping with Utah Code to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 52-4-204 and § 52-4-205 (1)(b).
8. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.